For Immediate Release: December 27, 2018
Contact: Boston Transportation Department, 617-635-4811
CITY OF BOSTON TRAFFIC ADVISORY
FIRST NIGHT, DECEMBER 31, 2018
First Night festivities taking place in the City of Boston on Monday, December 31, 2018, will impact traffic and parking in the Back Bay as well as on the waterfront. People coming into the City to celebrate are strongly encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found at http://bluebikes.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.mbta.com. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston.
On Monday, December 31, Boylston Street, between Dartmouth Street and Charles Street, will be closed to traffic from approximately 4 PM to 8 PM.
On Monday, December 31, Charles Street, between Boylston Street and Beacon Street, will be closed to traffic from approximately 5 PM to 8 PM.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday-Tuesday” parking restrictions will be in effect from Sunday, 12/30/18, through Tuesday, 1/1/19, as follows.
· Boylston Street, Copley Square side, from Dartmouth Street to Clarendon Street
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Monday 12:01AM–Tuesday 5:00AM” parking restrictions will be in effect from 12:01 AM on Monday, 12/31/18, through 5 AM on Tuesday, 1/1/19, as follows.
· Boylston Street, both sides, from Berkeley Street to Arlington Street
“Tow Zone No Stopping Monday” parking restrictions will be in effect on Monday, December 31, 2018 as follows.
· Arlington Street, both sides, from Beacon Street to Boylston Street
· Atlantic Avenue, east side, from East India Row to Commercial Street; west side, from Commercial Wharf to Cross Street
· Beacon Street, both sides, from Charles Street to Arlington Street
· Berkeley Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
· Blagden Street, both sides, from Dartmouth Street to Exeter Street, not including the BPL parking zone
· Boylston Street, both sides from Exeter Street to Berkeley Street; Public Garden side, from Arlington Street to Charles Street
· Charles Street, Public Garden side, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street
· Charles Street South, odd side, from Park Plaza to Boylston Street
· Clarendon Street, north side, from Newbury Street to Boylston Street; Trinity Church side, from Boylston Street to Saint James Avenue
· Dartmouth Street, both sides, from St. James Avenue to Newbury Street
· Saint James Avenue, both sides, from Clarendon Street to Dartmouth Street
· Trinity Place, Copley Fairmont side, from Saint James Avenue to Stuart Street; both sides, from Stuart Street to the Clarendon Street Parking garage, at/ opposite #40 Trinity Place