126TH BOSTON MARATHON
Race Week Events
- Boston Marathon Fan Fest presented by Amazon | Located in Copley Square just steps from the finish line, Fan Fest is the place to soak in the race-week atmosphere and have fun as you gear up for race day. Fan Fest features sponsor experiences, live music, race champions, photo-ops, and more. Visit Fan Fest from Friday, April 15 to Sunday, April 17.
- Boston Marathon Expo | Visit the Hynes Convention Center to experience the Boston Marathon Expo and shop from race sponsors and exhibitors. The Expo is where runners receive their bib numbers, and is home to the largest Boston Marathon adidas shop in all of Boston. The Expo is open Friday, April 15 through Sunday, April 17.
- Saturday, April 16 | B.A.A. 5K | 8:00 a.m. | Boston Common | Starting and finishing at Boston Common, 10,000 entrants will take part in the 2022 B.A.A. 5K, a scenic tour through Back Bay which crosses the Boston Marathon finish line. The B.A.A. 5K will be run on Charles St., Arlington St., Commonwealth Ave., Hereford St. and Boylston St.
- B.A.A. Invitational Mile | 10:30 a.m. | Copley Square | Some of the world’s fastest runners will compete in a one-mile race starting and finishing on Boylston Street. Scholastic athletes from the eight cities and towns of the Boston Marathon course will also take part in one-mile and 1,000 meter races.
126th Boston Marathon — Monday, April 18
30,000 entrants will participate in the 126th Boston Marathon, starting the 26.2-mile route from Main Street in Hopkinton to Boylston Street at Copley Square near the Boston Public Library. Race day road closures will be in effect on roads in the vicinity of Kenmore Square, Copley Square, Boston Common, and other areas in the Back Bay. Please visit www.cityofboston.gov for more information as closures become available.
Crowd barriers will be set up along Boylston Street and areas of the course within the City of Boston. Spectators are asked for their cooperation in following reasonable and common sense guidelines that will help ensure the safety and security of participants, volunteers, and spectators. For more information, please visit www.baa.org.
Taking public transportation is strongly encouraged. The following nearby MBTA stations will be open:
- Hynes Convention Center Station (MBTA Green Line)
- Prudential Station (MBTA Green Line)
- Back Bay Station (MBTA Orange Line / Commuter Rail)
- Arlington Station (MBTA Green Line)
Please note, Copley Station (MBTA Green Line) will be closed for the entire day on race day. For more information on MBTA service, please visit www.mbta.com/events.